Computer Expert Witness Curriculum Vitae
Chartered IT Professional and Member of the British Computer Society and of the Academy of Experts..
Since 1971, Mr Dilloway has specialised in the design, implementation and support of computer service infrastructures. It is this infrastructure that is the interface used by people in business to access the applications that operate the business. Mr Dilloway has particular skills and knowledge in the implementation, support and use of computer operating systems and of packaged and bespoke application software.
Mr Dilloway has prepared computer expert witness reports in matters including:
- Alleged software theft involving eight defendants.
- Disability discrimination involving the use of voice software on a desktop computer (including two days of testimony).
- The use of computers to produce racist documents heard before a police disciplinary panel and, subsequently, an Employment Tribunal.
- The alleged technical weaknesses of a point of sale system in a retail shop.
- The alleged technical weaknesses of a laptop computer (including two hours of testimony).
- Alleged compatibility problems involving a desktop computer.
- Criminal prosecutions related to indecent images and the Internet.
- Possession of material useful in terrorism.
- A criminal prosecution related to making an unauthorised cable TV decoder.
- Cases of fraud and false accounting.
- Use of evidence from computers as alibi.
Mr Dilloway has given spoken testimony on several occasions (once for two full days).
Mr Dilloway has engaged in freelance work for most of his career and has worked in about 100 different computing environments. Mr Dilloway's responsibilities have included:
- Design and implementation of the computer infrastructure in the early days of the Access credit card.
- Project managing the migration of application software between computer environments for a major building society.
- Management, design, implementation and support of computer infrastructure for an engineering company.
- Responsible for the computer resources and staff of the RAC.
- Design, implementation and support of computer infrastructure for the mortgage division of NatWest Bank.
- Design, implementation and support of computer infrastructure for the credit card division of NatWest Bank.
- Design, implementation and support of computer infrastructure for the commercial aircraft division of BAe.
Throughout his career, Mr Dilloway has delivered services to the business users of computers. This experience has given him considerable skills in the de-mystification of computing.
39 Conham Hill
Tel: 0117 947 7162
Mob: 0797 332 4333
Fax: 0117 947 7162